Karen's Crock Pot Pheasant - Slow Cooker Chicken and Turkey Recipes:
Karen's Crock Pot Pheasant
1/4 cup salt
1/3 cup soy sauce, *can use low sodium
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons minced garlic, optional
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
onion powder, to taste
1. Rinse pheasant. Put pheasant in a large bowl with salt. Cover pheasant with water. Soak at least 1 hour.
2. Drain and rinse pheasant.
3. Mix marinade ingredients. Put pheasant and marinate in large container
and put in the refrigerator. Marinade at least 2 hours, stirring pheasant every so often to keep pheasant coated with marinate.
4. Put pheasant in Crock Pot with 1/2 cup of water. Discard left over marinate.
5. Cook on low 5-7 hours. Check occasionally and add water as needed.
6. You can add some barbecue sauce during the last 30 minutes or so of cooking, if desired.
Karen't Notes: This came out so tender it was falling off the bone. Great flavor!
posted by Betty